Library Assistant - Customer Services x 2
Reference Number: S100-22-821 | Closing Date: 10-07-2022 | Employment Type: Permanent Part Time
- Two Permanent part-time positions - 6 hours on Saturday & 28 hours Monday - Friday
- $35.03 - $41.81 per hour plus superannuation (additional weekend penalties for Saturday shift)
- Join a state-of-the-art library service
About the role
We are seeking two customer-focused and highly enthusiastic Library Assistants to join the Woollahra Libraries team on a permanent part-time basis.
As a Library Assistant, you will work collaboratively with a team of Library Customer Service staff who are responsible for providing a high standard of information and customer service to the community across all areas of our libraries.
The role of the Library Assistant is a diverse and exciting role in that no two days are ever the same! Some of your tasks will include responding to Customer enquiries, setting up new library memberships, providing tech help, assisting in the delivery of children's programs, supporting the Library Programs & Events team, and providing general assistance and library resources to our customers.
The hours for each position are as follows:
Position 1 - 6 hours per day on Saturday (primarily based at Double Bay or Paddington Library)
Position 2 - 28 hours Monday to Friday (primarily based at Watsons Bay Library)
You will be a passionate and enthusiastic team member who demonstrates a high level of customer service and has a can-do attitude. Ideally, you will have previous experience working in a similar role or extensive customer service experience and will be confident with the use of a range of computer and technology systems.
You will be a high achiever with:
- Completion of Higher School Certificate (HSC) or equivalent.
- Demonstrated work experience in library operations or customer service.
- An enthusiastic and engaging approach to providing excellent customer service.
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills.
- Competency in all Microsoft Office applications including word, Excel, Outlook and Publisher.
- Well-developed knowledge and skills in technology with the ability to assist customers in the use of such technology.
- Demonstrated ability to work both as a team member and independently, with proven time management and organisational skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to learning and continuous self-improvement as well as a positive approach to change, flexibility and adaptability in the work environment.
- Current Working with Children Check.
- Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to EEO and WH&S principles.
- Demonstrated ability to undertake the physical requirements of the position as outlined in section Seven (7) of the position description.
This position is subject to child protection screening and a pre-employment medical check.
How to Apply
- Apply online by clicking the link below.
- You will be asked to demonstrate how you meet each of the selection criteria.
- If you have a separate statement addressing the selection criteria, please upload it as a cover letter and simply refer to it in the online questionnaire.
- You will be able to upload 2 documents only.
- For information on applying for Council jobs, please refer to http://www.woollahra.nsw.gov.au/council/employment/recruitment_and_selection_process
- For further information about the role, please contact Kerry-Ann Prideaux Library Customer Service Team Leader on 02 9327 7944 during business hours.
CLOSING DATE: 11:59pm on Sunday, 10 July 2022
Woollahra Council is committed to responding to its responsibilities under the Work Health and Safety Act 2011 in undertaking all measures that are reasonably practical to ensure the health and safety of all our workers. As of 1st December 2021, new employees must be fully vaccinated (at least two doses) with an approved COVID-19 vaccine and provide evidence seven days prior to commencement.
Should an applicant indicate that they wish to seek an exemption on medical or other grounds, they will need to provide evidence of their circumstances such as an accepted certified medical contraindication.
Woollahra Council is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
Note: Candidates using mobile devices are strongly advised to use a desktop computer to complete the application forms as they require extensive amounts of typing.