Children's and Youth Librarian (Brunswick Libraries)
Job No: MOR57 | Location: Coburg
- $75K - $85K + Super
- Includes evenings and weekends
- Permanent ongoing full-time position
At Moreland our diverse community is vibrant and full of energy, with an array of community services and place making, fabulous festivals, cool pools, libraries and a recently designed gallery space, scenic bike paths and a community of artists and creative industries and shops. We are a progressive cosmopolitan council with 180,000 residents and with ambitions for environmental sustainability, social justice and community wellbeing. Moreland's Civic Centre is located in Coburg, just 8 kilometres north of Melbourne’s CBD, with excellent public transport options, great food and cafés, providing Moreland to be a great place to live, work and play.
Find out more about Moreland here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FiM3A5hS9Y
ABOUT THE ROLE
Moreland City Libraries is a trusted community resource ensuring service provision to our families and young people. Currently, we are seeking a Children’s and Youth Services Librarian to provide high quality customer service, deliver early literacy programs, and provide meaningful engagement with our young people.
In performing this role some of your key responsibilities will be to engage with our diverse community to provide excellent customer service. Assist with library initiatives to bridge the digital divide. Organise and deliver children’s and youth programs. Conduct collection development work with our children’s and youth collections. Supervise members of the Children’s and Youth Services team. Provide outreach to our schools, kinders, day care centres and other places where our families and young people gather.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM THIS ROLE
- Teamwork, supervisory and communication skills
- Demonstrable problem-solving skills
- Ability to deliver projects and programs within agreed timeframes
- Ability to lead, motivate and coach staff to achieve team goals and objectives
- Demonstrable experience in targeted community-based library programs
- Demonstrable experience in information provision and collection management
- Fluency in a community language is desirable
- Eligibility for professional membership of the Australian Library and Information Association (ALIA)
- A current Victorian Driver’s Licence and Working with Children Check
WHAT THIS ROLE CAN OFFER
- Fortnightly RDO
- The opportunity to work alongside a dynamic and supportive team
- Salary sacrifice options
- Extensive opportunities for training and career development
For further information please contact Sue Wilson on (03) 9353 4003.
Applications close: 11.30 pm, 1 December 2020. (*in the case that we receive a high volume of applications we may close this advert before the closing date).
Before submitting an application please view the Position Description. Please note that when applying for this role, you will be required to attached your valid Drivers Licence and WWCC. Please have this ready when completing your application
Moreland City Council is proudly diverse and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people with disability, and people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity, age and ethnic background. Moreland City Council is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse.