Library Planning and Projects Coordinator
Submitted by PLA on October 25, 2012 - 8:21am
Libraries, Arts and Culture | Permanent Full Time | $100k
Reference Number: 51250 | Applications Close: 12 noon on 02/11/2012
The Mornington Peninsula Shire is seeking an energetic, enthusiastic and experienced individual to join the Libraries, Arts and Culture Unit.
You will be responsible to lead, coordinate and monitor library:
• Strategic and business planning performance
• Building and infrastructure planning, development and maintenance
• Budget preparation, monitoring and reporting
• Support Services functions including administration, collection management and technology services
• Library Leadership Team meetings and implementation of decisions
• Corporate reporting, governance and risk management processes
You will have strategic and business planning and project management skills; ability in managing, leading, motivating and developing staff; an understanding of planning and managing print and electronic collections provisions in a public library context; budget and financial requirements.
A tertiary degree majoring in Librarianship, community planning, policy development or equivalent is required to meet the responsibilities, authority and problem solving needs of the position. A post-graduate qualification in management would be desirable. Substantial relevant prior experience at a senior management level, preferably in local Government service delivery..
You will have a current driver’s licence and be required to undertake a Police Record Check.