Librarian, Customer & Information Services (Local Studies)
Submitted by PLA on September 11, 2012 - 5:13pm
Position Number: S100-12-069
Closing Date: 17-09-2012 05:00 PM (AEST)
Notes: Salary Neg from $49,597 to $54,672 P/A + Super
This position is initially offered on a full time 35 hour week basis and will revert to part-time
3 days - 21 hours per week from February 2013.
An opportunity exists to participate in all areas of Local Studies including acquisition, maintenance, storage and conservation of materials in the Local Studies collection, and to provide research assistance to a variety of clients.
You will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in Library/Information Science as recognized by A.L.I.A;
- Demonstrated experience in indexing, creation of databases and digitisation projects;
- Demonstrated ability in researching topics;
- A demonstrated interest and experience in the provision of information to all customers, both internal and external, along with good customer relation skills;
- Good interpersonal communication skills in order to work well with other staff in a teamwork situation;
- A knowledge and interest in current issues within the field of Local History studies;
- Good written and verbal communication skill;
- Class C Drivers Licence.
This position is located at Chatswood Library a new state-of-the-art premises on The Concourse, 409 Victoria Avenue, Chatswood.
Council offers excellent facilities and benefits, a progressive work environment, rostered days off for full time staff, and close proximity to shopping and transport.
Commencing salary will depend on qualifications and experience.
Enquiries: Melinda Hammer, Manager Customer and Information Services, on 9777 7906.
Applications must address all of the selection criteria contained in the position description which may be accessed online below.
Applications Close: 17 September 2012.