Library Operations Team Leader
Submitted by PLA on September 11, 2012 - 4:47pm
Job No.: 28042
Department: Community Strengthening
Work type: Permanent (Full Time)
Location: Council House, 200 Little Collins Street
Be a Part of Something Big
Making Melbourne great is what we do best. We strive to make a difference. It's an exciting organisation and we welcome new members to our team.
$75 059 - $84 484 plus 9% super
Flexible to work Saturday mornings as per roster
The position…is a highly essential role within the Library Services team to provide the best customer service practice to the community. Utilising your strong leadership skills, you will ensure all teams share the same vision and drive to set a new benchmark for the team.
Your main aim is to by provide high quality lending services, coordinate local work area induction, coordinate rosters and manage staff relief and overtime. You will also enjoy participating in Senior Management meetings to review planning proposals and develop policies.
- Able to lead, develop and motivate cross functional teams
- Able to manage a large team of part time and casual staff
- Able to develop and manage high quality customer services in a busy library environment
- Able to provide advice at a senior level on area/s of responsibility and input into the development of policies and future planning for the library service
- Able to deal with difficult situations, resolve problems and defuse potential conflict
- Able to manage time and plan and organise own work
For further information about the position, please contact the Recruitment team on (03) 9658 9140.
What we have to offer… At the City of Melbourne, we offer a great range of benefits including flexible working conditions, salary packaging, excellent leave entitlements, study assistance and an employee recreation association that is second to none. As an employee you can tap into a diverse range of learning opportunities that could even include higher education pathways. Your health and wellbeing is important to us. That's why we've designed a unique Health and Wellbeing Strategy which seeks to optimise the health and wellbeing of our employees.
For a copy of the benefits and services offered by the City of Melbourne click on the following link: Download_CoM_Benefits_and_Services.pdf (62kb)
How to apply…
Please attention your applications to Gavin Barry, Coordinator Customer, Learning & Information Services
To be considered we ask that you submit:
- your resume
- a cover letter that incorporates a statement addressing how you meet each of the selection criteria highlighted in this advertisement under the heading 'You are…' (maximum length of two pages).
- a completed application form addressing one online question.
Interviewed applicants who proceed to the next stage of the recruitment process will be required to complete a 'Disclosure of existing condition and health declaration' form, police check and a Working with Children Check.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION VISIT: http://www.employment.melbourne.vic.gov.au/jobDetails.asp?sJobIDs=832973
Advertised: 7 Sep 2012 Aus. Eastern Standard Time
Closing date: 16 Sep 2012 11:00pm Aus. Eastern Standard Time