Library Services Trainee (12 month contract)
Submitted by PLA on September 3, 2012 - 11:38am
Vacancy No. V12/2539
This is a fantastic opportunity for you to join Council’s Traineeship Program commencing in February 2013. You will gain both invaluable work experience and a nationally recognised qualification, while you earn an income.
As a Library trainee you will learn customer service skills, library circulation, the Dewey Decimal Classification system, database searching skills as well as basic information and reference work.
At the successful completion of your traineeship you will be awarded with a Certificate III in Information and Cultural Services.
- Based at Springwood Library you will rotate through the course of your traineeship to all library branches
- Monday – Friday 9am – 5:30pm
- Rostered Day Off every 3 weeks (paid)
- Study attendance will be required one day per week at Mt Druitt TAFE
You will need to make yourself available for the following dates:
- Assessment Centres will be held: Monday 12 November to Wednesday 14 November 2012 (attendance is only required for selected applicants)
- Interviews will be held between Monday 19 November and Thursday 22 November 2012.
If you are successful for interview you will be notified by phone of the exact date.
To apply, complete an application and email to Human Resources prior to the closing date.
Refer to the document “How to Apply for an Apprenticeship / Traineeship with Council” for further details on the application and selection process.
The successful applicants for these positions will be offered a 12 months temporary contract of employment.
Salary: $272.40 - $554.30 (dependant on how many years out of school and year of completion)
For further information contact: Brad Moore on (02) 4780 5435
Closing date: Friday 28 September 2012